Parts of the road network in and around Stockholm frequently suffer from delays caused by congestion. Efficient travel, choosing the best available route, mode of transport and travel time, is a must for most journeys. Quite simply, this means that you as a traveller must have sufficient information to make intelligent choices and avoid unnecessary traffic jams or queues.
The website Trafiken.nu provides the information you need to help you make more intelligent choices and enjoy more comfortable journeys - regardless of whether you travel by car, bicycle, public transport or a combination of transport modes. With the right information at your disposal you can avoid road works, having to wait for a delayed metro train or using the wrong cycle path.
At Trafiken.nu in Stockholm you will find information about:
- public transport timetables and routes
- current traffic speeds on different roads and highways
- any disruptions in public transport services
- road works
- where traffic accidents have occurred and how this affects the rest of traffic
- road and weather conditions
- cycle routes and maps
- parking facilities
Trafiken.nu has launched a journey planner for Stockholm. This new service will make it possible to compare journey alternatives with public transport, car, bike and walk, and also combinations of these. An English version of the journey planner is available here journey planner.
For those already out in traffic, Trafiken.nu is available as a mobile service (mobil.trafiken.nu). Trafiken.nu is also available for other regions in Sweden.
All services are available in Swedish.
Everything at one site
Trafiken.nu collects all traffic information at one single site. This information is obtained from such sources as:
- Trafik Stockholm (Traffic Management Centre)
- the police and SOS Alarm
- sensors in or by the road
- roadside cameras
- private individuals who call and report traffic queues or the presence of wild animals by the road
- Stockholm Transport’s operating partners
Trafiken.nu is used by both private individuals and companies in Stockholm. This service is also utilised by other traffic information providers; e.g., a great many of the radio traffic alerts are based on information obtained from Trafiken.nu.
Instructional film about the Journey Planner