The Scania Region is a dynamic region. Traffic in Scania is often congested, which therefore makes more efficient travel a must. Efficient travel, concerns choosing the best available route, mode of transport and travel time. Quite simply, this means that you as a traveller must have sufficient information to make intelligent choices and avoid unnecessary traffic jams or queues.
Information is available at the Trafiken.nu website to help you make more intelligent choices and enjoy more comfortable journeys – regardless of whether you travel by car, bicycle, public transport or a combination of transport modes. With the right information at your disposal you can avoid road works, having to wait for a delayed train or using the wrong cycle path. At Trafiken.nu in Scania you will find information about:
- public transport timetables and routes
- current traffic speeds on different roads and highways
- any disruptions in public transport services
- road works
- where traffic accidents have occurred and how this affects the rest of traffic
- road and weather conditions
- cycle routes and maps
- parking facilities
For those already out in traffic, Trafiken.nu is available as a mobile service (mobil.trafiken.nu). Trafiken.nu is also available for other regions in Sweden.
All services are available in Swedish.
Everything at one site
Trafiken.nu collects all traffic information at one single site. This information is obtained from such sources as:
- the Swedish Transport Administrations
- the City of Malmö, Lund and Helsingborg
- Øresundsbron Consortium
- the police and SOS Alarm
- sensors in or by the road
- roadside cameras
- private individuals who call and report traffic queues or the presence of wild animals by the road
Trafiken.nu is used by both private individuals and companies in Scania. This service is also utilised by other traffic information providers; e.g., a great many of the radio traffic alerts are based on information obtained from Trafiken.nu.